Friday 28 October 2016

Interpreting Dreams

After leaving school I became an itinerant fruit-picker, following the crops from one end of the country to the next - apricots, grapes, olives, oranges, lemons, onions, potatoes, tomatoes - you name it, I picked it.

Being a dopey teenager I lived for the moment with not a thought for the future and spent my wages as soon as I earned them. I would hitch-hike into a town flat broke, and after two months hard work I would hitch-hike back out again - still flat broke!

Sub-consciously though, I must have been aware that I had chosen the wrong lifestyle because I had a recurring dream: I was on a train that was just pulling out of the station when I suddenly realised that I had caught the wrong train. I would rush to the door and start tossing all my belongings from the train, fully intending to jump out after them. But by the time I was ready to take the leap, the train was already going so fast that I dared not take the risk.

So now I was stuck on a train that was heading in the wrong direction with all my worldly goods scattered along the track-side with no hope of ever finding them again!

Not hard to interpret that dream is it?




No comments:

Post a Comment