Wednesday 2 November 2016

Prongorong Stud

I just remembered one of the first jobs I had before I went fruit-picking. I was working as a jackaroo on the Prongorong Cattle Stud (Polled Herefords). One of the cows had a name that I always found amusing:  

Prongorong Daisy Mae LXXXIII
Prongorong Daisy Mae The Eighty-Third.



John Keynes (right). Owner of the Prongorong Stud. He died while swimming at a beach in suburban Sydney a few years after this photo was taken.




Jim, I've just now (Dec 25, 2017) seen your comment below. I'm having problems with my blogger account and cannot leave comments on my own posts.

If you come back here, leave another comment and I'll respond by adding an edit to this post (because I can't reply in the comments section).



1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear more about your time working at Prongorong. John Keynes was my Grandfather who I would like to hear more about.

    Cheers

    Jim

    ReplyDelete