Monday 8 December 2014

Pastor Russ Gabel - Telling Lies For Jesus

Pastor Russ Gabel of Freewater Experience ministries started preaching religion at the White Pines Middle School in April 2014:
I just got home from our first day of Freewater Club at White Pines Middle School, and I was SO EXCITED, I just had to tell you guys how it went!!!

In A lunch, we had 23 kids, with only a few empty seats in the classroom. We played trivia games, did some skits, I told a story, and we ended the meeting with a quick prayer...that's right...A PRAYER. The kids had a blast, and I think it will keep growing after spring break.

In B lunch, I had...zero kids. I'm not sure what happened here, but I had to choose one of two hallways to stand in to remind kids. I think I chose the wrong one. Many kids that I know from our lunchroom ministry are in the other hallway, so I'll try that next time around. I am not easily discouraged.

In C lunch, we had 27 kids, and packed the room that we met in. We did the same stuff as A-lunch, and the kids said that had an awesome time. I think we're going to outgrow this room in no time.

So...to recap...
We had full-blow youth group style meeting with games, a lesson, and prayer...FOR 50 KIDS IN SCHOOL TODAY!
I am beyond excited about this. I'm going to start developing a team of people to do these meetings with me, and keep growing them. Praise God for an awesome Freewater Club kick-off!!!


When local residents complained about his illegal activities he simply contradicted everything he had said earlier:
“We don't have faith-based content,” Gabel said. “We don't read Bible verses. We don't pray at the clubs. We are very conscious to not cross lines. We teach character and challenge the kids to serve and make a difference in the world around them.”

http://www.grandhaventribune.com



No comments:

Post a Comment